Do you have room in your heart and your home for a child? Become a foster carer.
Wondering if fostering is right for you? If you have a big heart, a caring attitude, and can give a child a secure and loving home, please consider becoming a foster carer.
Fostering a child is life-changing and incredibly rewarding – and Iosis will be right behind you with training and 24/7 support every step of the way.
Simply fill in the form to find out more – there’s no obligation.
Who makes a great foster caregiver?
Are you a warm, caring individual, couple or family who genuinely want to make a difference in the life of a child or young person? Can you offer them a safe, stable and nurturing environment? Then you’d make a great foster caregiver!
Auckland couple, Lisa and Gary have just completed foster care training with Iosis and are ready to give a child a loving home. “The whole way through this journey, Iosis has been really supportive about understanding what else we might need to feel prepared,” says Lisa. “There’s a lot more support than we had envisaged.”
It doesn’t matter:
- What your ethnic group or culture
- Where you live in Auckland
- Whether you own or rent your home
- Whether you have children of your own
- What your age – single in your 20’s or retired in your 60’s
Why become an Iosis foster caregiver?
Because the need has never been greater.
Right now, we have to turn away at least eight children every week, because we don’t have enough foster caregivers. The more caring people who join us, the more children we can help.
Because we’re behind you all the way.
Iosis has been providing care to children for over 100 years. We’ll fully train you and help you through every step of your fostering journey – and we’re on call 24/7.
“I was so inspired by the other foster carers,” says Lisa. “They were people from all cultures and all walks of life – and they all had a great deal of really helpful life experience. With Iosis, it felt like that was really valued.”
Keen to give it a go? Here’s how it works
- You register your interest (obligation-free)
- You’ll receive an email, followed by a call from Iosis to arrange a phone interview
- If you’re keen to proceed, we’ll assess you, including medical and personal referee checks
- You undertake our caregiver training before you become a foster caregiver
- We put support in place for you, including the opportunity to meet with other Iosis foster caregivers.
- We’ll organise your first placement
- You provide a warm, loving home for that child or young person
- We’ll provide on-going training and support as needed