Tuna Casserole Recipe
Posted on September 17, 2018 by Iosis
This recipe serves 4
2 eggs (optional)
1 tin (425g) tuna or other tinned or fresh fish
1 tin (440g) soup (any flavour) or use packet soup mixed with hot water
1 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen or tinned peas, drained
6 slices bread
1 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup corn (optional)
3 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Boil eggs for approx 10-12 minutes in water until hard boiled.
- Put in cold water to cool and take the shell off the eggs.
- Place tuna, soup, onion, peas, cord and mushrooms in a casserole dish (a shallow, wide, ovenproof dish).
- Slice eggs and place on top.
- Cut bread into cubes (about 9 squares for each slice), sprinkle on the casserole.
- Melt margarine in the microwave or in a pan and pour over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad and bread, rice, kumara or potatoes.