Iosis provides safe homes for more than 30 Auckland children and young people who are temporarily unable to live at home with their families.
This need for foster care is provided in a variety of situations:
- Where families are under particular stress and children need time out for a short season or for respite such as weekends or holidays. This can last no longer than 2 months.
- Where parents are either unable or unsafe, temporary care is sought while Oranga Tamariki processes family members who could provide the longer term care.
- Where parents need a period of time to stabilise their lives before they are able to provide what their children need. This may take from 6 months to 2 years.
- Where no biological family is able to provide short or long term care for children, temporary care is sought while a Home for Life placement is identified.
- Children can remain in care under the care of the state until they are 18 years old.
We welcome foster carers from all walks of life. They may or may not have children of their own. If you are over 21 and have space for a child in your home (usually a spare room) and a big heart, you can apply to be a foster carer and transform a child’s life.
All foster carers receive financial assistance and ongoing training 24/7 support is available.Read a story about a day in the life of a foster carer.
.Read one couple’s journey as foster carers.
Register your interest.
To register your interest please complete the Foster Carer form.